It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, December 1, 2017

Decisions


This is my latest abstract attempt, a diptych.  Since I will never frame them,
I show them here on my floor.  
And with these two, I have decided to move on from the very abstract.  My brain just has to work too hard and I am never satisfied with the results.
I got one of my paintings on yupo framed and was delighted with the results.
This is one of the old dogs that I pulled out from under the bed and reworked.
I am quite happy with the results.


We have had a quite spectacular November as far as my orchids are concerned.
I have blooms everywhere and was even able to give away a couple of plants that were duplicates from last years repotting.  I love to give my "babies" away.


Wishing you all a stressless Holiday Season
and Happy PPF


12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I love the diptych, and your typo painting is gorgeous. I am always envious of your orchids! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Faye said...

Wow, the "old dog" is so wonderful! Love the vibrant colors you did the flowers in. And I think the diptych could be framed too. It's beautiful.

Indira said...

The colors on the abstract are lovely and the yupo painting is stunning. Sometimes, reworking an old painting does marvels. Beautiful orchids.

Christine said...

Lovely abstracts and the flower painting is gorgeous too. Those orchids are beautiful!

A Colorful World said...

Your re-worked "old dog" is so stunning. That's what I dislike about watercolor...once you painted it, it's done! No going bac. But I am enjoying my time experimenting with it right now. Anxious to get back to oils, though.

Clare Lloyd said...

Gorgeous colours

Latane Barton said...

ah, you put your older stuff under the bed, too. I mean, where else are we going to put the less than desirable pieces of art?

denthe said...

Why wouldn't you frame them!? They're gorgeous ...

Sue (this n that) said...

I can see how your gorgeous orchids' colours inspire your paintings Susan. It's nice to do a re-work on some works isn't it :D) xx

Beth Niquette said...

How beautiful and vibrant!

Giggles said...

Susan those abstracts are stunning... I love them. You should frame them!! Wow impressive!! Also love your framed one! Great post, orchid and all!! Beautiful!

Peace Giggles

Gloria j Zucaro said...

I love your diptych! The colors and marks are exciting!