It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, November 3, 2017

You Tube Junkie


I think I have confessed before that I am a You Tube junkie.
When I am stuck, like recently when I decided to try using more collage in my work, I always 
turn to You Tube for help and new ideas.
Beyond the "dirty pour", there is another viral idea out there.  That is using Citrasolv and National 
Geographics to make unique papers for collage.  You can look it up for yourself to see how it is done, but I hustled off to the Goodwill Bookstore and bought two old National Geographics and ordered Citrasolv online.
This is NOT a pleasant process.  It stinks and it is messy.
You have to lay the pages out to dry

And here are some of my results.



I thought the results were amazing.  In some cases I could just pick a 6 x 6 area
and frame it and be done.
I did two magazines so have pages coming out of my ears.
Hopefully next week I will have some new collage work to show.
Wishing all a Happy PPF
My single orchid became triplets.  I love it when that happens.

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, your papers are totally fantastic. Have fun with them. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Beautiful work, and youtube is fantastic I agree. Love your orchids.

Anonymous said...

how does this look on this little paper, nice patterns come out of it!
happy weekend
Elke

Linda Kunsman said...

fabulous looking papers Susan! I have heard of the technique but haven't tried it yet. Your orchids are gorgeous! happy PPF!

DVArtist said...

Wow those are fabulous!!!! Your orchid is beautiful.

denthe said...

These are going to look awesome in your collages. Can't wait to see them!

Sue (this n that) said...

Those pages are amazing - you're definitely having fun Susan! It will be great to see what you do with them.
Love your triple orchid!! Gorgeous :D) Happy PPF xx

Granny Annie said...

Excellent work.

Irene Rafael said...

It is always exciting to discover a new technique, isn't it? Thank you for the lovely comments on my blog! I appreciate your visit.
~~ Irene

Victoria said...

Beautiful work! These are all so gorgeous and visually unique! Your orchids are so lovely.
Happy PPF
Victoria #17

Gloria j Zucaro said...

Hi Susan, yes Citrasol is fun. I forget what are the dates of Nat. Geo to use instead of new ones? Your pieces are wonderful. I can't wait to see what you have done with them.

Katie Jeanne said...

What interesting results you got! I haven't dared to try Citrasol because of the smell, so thanks for being brave enough to give it a go. I'm wondering if you'll be using it again, tho?