It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, November 17, 2017

Inspirations right in front of us

We have lived in this house for 15 years.
For most of the 15 years a sunflower bouquet has sat on my credenza.
I have been struggling with doing collage (I still hear my art teacher saying "collage is not art).
I took a new Saturday class at the Art Center and our project was to do a mixed media.
One evening I looked at the sunflowers and thought "why not?"
It is only paper and I didn't even buy it, it was supplied.
And I don't need to be so tight about paper when I happily spend fortunes on silly shoes.


So I sketched an idea in my giant sketch pad and then went to work rounding up scraps of paper.
This is a VERY simple collage, for the most part, one piece of paper per petal.
But when all was said and done, I am happy with the results.


We have had cooler weather here in Florida and my orchids have gone nuts.


This was a scrap that I tied to the palm 4-5 years ago.  Each year it gets prettier.


This one was repotted last spring and obviously likes it's new digs.
Wishing all a Happy PPF

14 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

Brilliant collage art- you have perfectly captured your vase of sunflowers! And your orchids-so delicate and exquisite looking. Happy PPF!

leekrek said...

great sunflower art, loving all the colors

Gillena Cox said...

Lovely capture of the flowers. Your art is happy

Muchđź’–love

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your floral picture. The orchids are wonderful. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Clare Lloyd said...

Love your sunflowers

Christine said...

beautiful inspired sunflower piece! your orchids are lovely.

Faye said...

Yay! We both did sunflowers, Susan! I love your painting. Very beautiful. Well, Comcast was able to get my wifi connections refreshed which made the desktop work with the printer. Unfortunately, I was hasty at hitting buttons and deleted the printer from the list on the laptop. So I can't print stuff on my laptop but at least I can print from the desktop. Say what you will about comcast, I have had nothing but good results with their technical support people. They cost an arm and a leg, though.

Victoria said...

Wow, incredibly beautiful..such a strong visual impact, I absolutely am in love with this... and I love sunflowers too, this is so beautifully done! Your orchids are magical!
Happy PPF
Victoria #30

DVArtist said...

You did such an amazing job on that sunflower. Well done indeed.

Indira said...

Lovely sunflower collage. The vase looks very striking. Regarding your question about chalk art, it is impermanent. After I have scanned it, I wipe it off with a wet paper towel and create another piece of art. Regarding rocks, I buy some from my local landscaping store.

NatureFootstep said...

love your small sunflowers. :)

denthe said...

simple or not: it is lovely! And that orchid in the palm is amazing ...

PiaRom said...

I looove collage and especcially your gorg sunflowers! The teacher was not a smart one, hehe! Lucky you have overcome his advice! The tabletop is adorable too! ♥ Conny http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de

Abigail Davidson said...

Love the mix of texture - your collage is lovely!