It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, September 29, 2017

Rework

Recently I have had fun pulling out old paintings from the "file" under the bed,
and reworking them or giving them a full gesso treatment so they can bcome something
entirely new.


The one one the left was too bright for
me so I gave it a glase and was very
happy with the results









This one was ok but after a few months under the bed, I pulled it out
and gave it a bit of a face lift.


I am much happier with it now.  For whatever reason the fact that the flowers
didn't have stems drove me crazy.
Am I the only one that entertains myself with old paintings?
Let me hear!
Wishing all a Happy PPF













11 comments:

Christine said...

Great idea I have never done that. Your pieces look new and quite different.

DVArtist said...

Well done on the reworking of these paintings. Yes I think this is a great idea to do.

Valerie-Jael said...

Well done on the makeovers, great idea. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Maria Medeiros said...

Really lovely! Happy PPF! Have a lovely weekend!

sirkkis said...

I have done reworking as well. I like both of your beautiful flower bouquet.
Happy PPF ❣

Anonymous said...

so wonderful their painted pictures!!!!
Happy weekend
Elke

Sue (this n that) said...

aw, those reworks are wonderful Susan. I love those rich colours you've chosen.
I too have gone back to old paintings and now I'm enjoying using some in combo with my photos and playing around with digital art.
Happy PPF!

John said...

These look great. Funny how one can see things differently after a few months.

Granny Annie said...

Love it all Susan:-)

Faye said...

A great idea that I should also do - revamping old art pieces. Your redo paintings are beautiful and have a lot more character than the originals. Your header is also so gorgeous.

Giggles said...

Beautiful paintings all of them. I do like the stems in the vase and the enhanced flowers. However I love them all! Yes I just finished gessoing over a pile of paintings with a complete new style for the house.

Peace Giggles