It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, July 14, 2017

Summer doldrums???

If it is July in Florida
You can be sure it is steamy hot in Florida
I have been painting on the lanai and it has become a labor of love for sure.
If I get outside early, not so bad.
But if I get an idea to try in the afternoon, WHEW it is sweaty out there.
I was rummaging around in my dead painting file and came up with this green
background.  I don't use green very much but was pleased with the outcome.


I also had another Tar Gel project in the works.
I added layers and layers of Tar Gel and then did a light violet wash.


So that is what's happening here this week.
Wishing you all a Happy PPF

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I love the green one especially, it looks like those circles are swimming around in green water, great! Happy PPF, stay cool, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Lovely work Susan stay cool!

Jean said...

SUch fun!

Linda Kunsman said...

I really like the first abstract. The tar gel looks like a fun medium to play with too. Happy PPF and try to stay cool!

sirkkis said...

Love the colors of the green painting and the abstract one is fine too.
Happy PPF 🌸

stefanie stark said...

I love the tar gel project! It looks amazing! And the green artwork looks great too! Very cool ideas for such a hot place you currently stay.

Mandy said...

I am a fan of green myself...great pieces....it's freezing here....2 degrees.....I miss summer...:-( ...from ppf...xx

Faye said...

I love green, but not all greens. This is one of the ones I do really love. It's beautiful! The heat index here today was 104°F.

denthe said...

I don't use green very much either, but this piece is really great! It's a beautiful shade of green too. And the tar gel project is awesome! Hope you can still enjoy the sun a bit. We had rain here all day ...

Nadya said...

It's always intriguing to rework a piece,, it turned out beautiful

Giggles said...

Wonderful artwork, great texture in the tar gel piece! Very pretty!!

Hugs Giggles