It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Saturday, January 7, 2017

And more.....

Laelia rubescens alba "Walter"

Cattleya, Volcano Trick "Fireball"



Dendrobium goldschmidtianum

We have just returned from a Holiday cruise to Panama and Costa Rica.
My goal was to see as many wonderful orchids as I could.
We saw some but not many.
Imagine my surprise when we returned home to find the lanai ablaze with color.

As usual, I had to scratch out my word of the year. 
It is an enjoyable introspective undertaking.


With all the turmoil in the world, we rely on our faith more than ever.
Further, as I have aged, I find myself imagining (predicting?) the worst.  
My word of the year reminds me to return to my faith and...
Let go, Let God.
Wishing everyone a peaceful, healthy 2017.

9 comments:

DVArtist said...

Lovely photos and art. Glad you were able to take a cruise and see those wonderful places.

Linda Kunsman said...

gorgeous flowers, and I bet Panama and Costa Rica were beautiful places to visit. A really perfect word coming into this new year.Great drawing! Happy PPF and a happy New Year!

Christine said...

Enjoyed your lovely photos!

peggy gatto said...

Love your word! I enjoyed my walk through your garden!

Sue (this n that) said...

Hi Susan, what a great surprise when you returned home. Your orchid flowers are stunning. I love my garden too.
Your Faith pattern drawing is so nice, and a good choice. I wish you and yours peace and health also :D)

Faye said...

I like your word for the new year and I like how you have illustrated it. Very nice. Sounds like you are in a much warmer climate than we are in central VA.

Giggles said...

Perfect word...gorgeously presented!! Beautiful flowers photos too!! Happy New year filled with abundant love and joy!

Hugs Giggles

Fran said...

Such beautiful flowers.

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Susan, your last sentence is so right. Your flowers look great. We can only dream of such blooms in winter here. I am growing an amaryllis on a pot inside, hope it survives my care. Have a good year, I hope it will not be so scary as we think. Hugs Valerie