It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Orchid Mania

I know that this is an art site...sort of
but it is also called "Scattered" referring to my mind
and the variety of interests that seize me from time to time
My orchid collection consists of slightly more than 100 plants of all different
varieties and colors.  They live in my pool cage and at the side of the house.
Recently I have put the brakes on purchasing new plants.  I have too many to do a good job attending to them.  The attack of thrips last year taught me that.
However you can't be good all the time, right?
Today we went to Jim Roberts'  Florida Suncoast Orchid sale
to support a fellow orchid society member.
He had an amazing selection of all types of plants.
I think I did well to escape with only two.

Meet Cattleya Waianae, Leopard "Ching Hua x Enc Orchid Jungle

and Cattleya Red Tips

Fortunately our Sarasota Orchid Society orchid show isn't until January so I think this is the end of
my orchid mania for now


No comments: