It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, September 30, 2016

New beginnings...



After 33 years of selling real estate, I am retiring
for the fourth time.
This time I will make it stick.
Too many things have happened this year to show me that it is time.
So now I get to find a new niche and I know it will include lots of creative activities.
This week I found a piece of heavy poster board stashed under the bed
I decided to try some of my yupo techniques on it.
I prepped it with gesso and then gloss medium.  I used gloss because on yupo the paint sort of slides around on the surface,  It doesn't soak in.
Then I painted it with a transparent acrylic paint and covered it with dry cleaner plastic.
I squished it around and let it sit a couple of minutes.
I removed the plastic and had my textured blue surface.
The rest was stencils and paint

Wishing you all a Happy PPF

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic work! Enjoy your retirement, and don't let it go again! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

denthe said...

Wow, amazing!

minnemie said...

You always come up with the most interesting ideas! Love this design - everything about it: color, composition, shapes! Happy retiring:-)

Faye said...

Love the dry cleaning bag technique. It left such wonderful design and texture.

artbyjune said...

Beautiful! I hope you enjoy your retirement and do lots of art!

Giggles said...

Congratulations on retirement! Such great dimension you created. Very pretty work... Happy Creative days ahead!

Hugs Giggles

DVArtist said...

Congratulations on retiring. This is a terrific piece. I love the design. Using the blue makes it float. Beautiful.

Jennifer Rose said...

enjoy your retirement :) snd have fun creating :)

Happy PFF :)
Jennifer #45

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Wonderful! Wishing you luck with retirement. :)