It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Lost mail

In many ways, this has been a growing year.
When you are growing, it isn't always pleasant or easy
My best friend was diagnosed with lung cancer and after four months of incredibly debilitating treatment, she elected to stop.  Four months later she was gone.
And two weeks later her husband elected to end his life.
My husband and I are devastated but we woke up this morning and it is our mission to enjoy the moment for those who can't.

Many of you who have followed my art journey know that whatever I do, it is usually lite and bright.
Imagine my surprise when I started a mixed media piece in bright blue and yellow and it evolved into a dark moody piece (for me anyway).  I guess it reflects what is going on in my life right now.
I don't mind it, I just find it curious what our muse can do when left alone.
Back in May I posted a cut up yupo piece.







 I was never happy with it and decided, early in September to change it.
So the one above became the one below and really made me think of 9/11.  I had hoped I could somehow save the color of the yupo bits but oh well, it was not to be.
Today I pulled out a background and hoped by now my morbid muse had been replaced by my old familiar muse.  And here it is

She's Back!
Happy PPF

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you real muse is back, life for us has to go on in spite of sadness. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Granny Annie said...

You are definitely smiling through any sadness with your wonderful work.

denthe said...

It's interesting how our deeper feelings always seem to find a way onto our canvas. That must've been so hard for you, losing two people close to you. It's good you can turn to art then. I just LOVE what you did with that cut-up yupo-piece. It's gorgeous, and definitely reminding of 9/11.

Faye said...

Wow, Susan, your 9-11 piece is powerful as well as beautiful. In the last piece, I love the way your vase looks. So sorry about the losses you've had lately. It's so hard to go through.

sirkkis said...

Wondeful that your muse works again. Love your Art, this time especially the flowers in the vase. Beautiful.
Happy PPF ❤

JKW said...

I am awed. . your friends following into 9-1-1 and coming out of it with a most beautiful and lively piece. Your demonstration of the power of the mind thru art is truly awesome. Thanks for the visit. Blessings, Janet

Terri Morse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terri Morse said...

Your work is lovely and thought-provoking! Your 9-11 piece is intensely expressive of that life-changing day. Your first piece seems to reflect the confusion when life as we know it unravels. I guess it's only natural that what is going on in our lives is reflected in our work. Sometimes, that's when our best work materializes. There is an unguarded sincerity in it. I'm so sorry you are going through this difficult time. I sincerely hope brighter days are ahead. --Terri

Giggles said...

I hope you don't mind but this post made me cry! I am so sorry for your loss. I understand these feelings, so sad. I hope you can work some of it out in your artwork. I have found it cathartic over the years! Your final vase is stunning. Glad you're back! Sending love and light for a healing heart!

Hugs Giggles

DVArtist said...

I am sorry about your friends. Death in makes us thing and realize and even change our journey. Like changing your art. I feel this piece. It has a lot of emotion. Nice to see you.

Indira said...

Sorry about your friends. Glad your muse is coming back with cheer. Sometimes, there is only so much you can do.

My name is Erika. said...

Loving your art this week. I hope those flowers you painted (which are beautiful) are a tribute to your friends. What a sad story.Sometimes life is so cruel, isn't it? Have a wonderful new week. :) Erika

My name is Erika. said...

Loving your art this week. I hope those flowers you painted (which are beautiful) are a tribute to your friends. What a sad story.Sometimes life is so cruel, isn't it? Have a wonderful new week. :) Erika