It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, August 5, 2016

Layers, and layers


This started out as a watercolor on yupo background.  Then I rolled it with acrylic. 
Then I stamped it and used stencils
It was a fun project and I got to use one of my ho-hum backgrounds and turn it into something.


This gives you a peak at the original background
Work has been so crazy lately and my best friend has been in hospice so there has't been much time for art.  Sadly, she lost her battle a couple of days ago.  Not an art friend but one that I shared just about everything else with.  It will be lonely without her, for sure.
Wishing everyone a Happy PPF and treasure every moment.

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

So sorry to hear about your friend, that is very sad. Love the rich colours of your art, and hope you can find some consolation in art in the coming weeks - all the best for you! Hugs, Valerie

Lynn Cohen said...

Susan the layers of art on this piece are exciting,and thinking of layers reminds of life itself! My best friend, Patty, died three years ago and I miss her so much! I keep her spirit alive by telling people about her, reliving my memories of her that way! I'm sad for your loss too! :-(

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh Susan I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. may the happy times help heal the pain of her passing.
Your layered project is fabulous!!

carol l mckenna said...

Love the results of a very creative process ~ Delightful ~ wonderful and healing way to deal with your loss ~ not easy ~

Happy Weekend to you ~ ^_^

DVArtist said...

Susan this is such a rich and bold piece of art. Very nicely done.

froebelsternchen said...

Sorry for your loss ♥
A wonderful piece of art! Happy PPF!

Giggles said...

Oh dear so sorry for your loss! Love this artwork...the colours are so rich together! Hope you can find some solace in creating...I know it's always been my saving grace!!

Hugs Giggles

My name is Erika. said...

You make the most beautiful backgrounds. I love the gold streak. I think it elevates it to something regal, like a fine piece of Egyptian art would look now-all cleaned up and just magnificent. I saw the treasures from King Tuts tomb once and they didn't look as old as they were. The gold and the rich colors were amazing. I was reminded of them seeing your piece- although the style is of course very different. Hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

You make the most beautiful backgrounds. I love the gold streak. I think it elevates it to something regal, like a fine piece of Egyptian art would look now-all cleaned up and just magnificent. I saw the treasures from King Tuts tomb once and they didn't look as old as they were. The gold and the rich colors were amazing. I was reminded of them seeing your piece- although the style is of course very different. Hugs-Erika

Susan said...

Thank you Erika!