It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Happy Holidays!

We are at the wonderful (stressful) time of year again.
We will have a quiet year this year and that is okay with us.
Selfishly, it gives me more time to play with my paints.
I finally pulled some of my paintings out from under the bed
and had them framed. I really never love anything I do but it is surprising
how nice they look when we stick them in a frame.
The navy blue wall is a perfect backdrop for them but they do overpower the room.
Things can't be perfect, can they?

My Christmas gift to me
I had a disaster (things happen) at the art table last week.
Two days later I cut it into strips and wove it into watercolor paper.


I was somewhat happy with the results but a friend suggested I weave it into
a colored background.  So today I made the background with water color paint,
witches cloth on yupo.  Not sure what I have yet.  This method is always a surprise.



I think I posted a very bright background I did recently.
Today it got a "geometric" treatment.




Not sure if it is done...stay tuned.
Wishing you all a very happy Holiday Season and thanks for being my "blogger friend."
Happy PPF all!

18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I love your weaving experiments, the results are great. Your wall looks great with the pictures hanging, enjoy! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Lovely work Susan And Happy Holidays!

Katie Jeanne Wood said...

I love the flowers! Happy holidays to you!

Linda Kunsman said...

Yes, your paintings look perfectly wonderful against that blue wall-good for you to hang your pieces! I really love the geometric and would consider it done-really marvelous!

EVA said...

Your paintings look lovely framed, Susan. Great colours on your geometric piece!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

My family and I are going out of town for Christmas this year, and I'm looking forward to seeing both sides of our family. However, I'm also looking forward to the week prior to New Year's Eve that I'll be able to spend at home working in my art studio. I love reading about people's creative journeys, so I enjoyed that part of your post too. Thanks for your visit earlier and Happy PPF!

Carol Samsel said...

Oh!!! I LOVE the wall with the awesome art :) The woven project looks great and can't wait to see it finished!

Carol Samsel said...

Oh!!! I LOVE the wall with the awesome art :) The woven project looks great and can't wait to see it finished!

Gloria j Zucaro said...

I love the woven piece! Gorgeous colors in your geometric. I would love to see what you do with the second background. Have a wonderful Holiday season, Merry Christmas. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love the blue wall as a backdrop!

Gloria j Zucaro said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kat said...

Your paintings look great and really brighten your room I think!

Robin said...

I am having a very quiet Xmas too. And I keep my paintings under my bed also. I LOVE LOVE LOVE those three paintings you did on the wall all matted and framed. Just gorgeous. As for your geometric design, it is great, looks done and wonderful to me. I will have to re-read the post to understand how you did it. I am still hopping from PPF. Hope you are having a great start to your weekend. Rasz

SandeeNC said...

I love your use of color and I think your newly framed art looks perfect against that blue wall!

DVArtist said...

Yes you are right when a painting is framed it enhances it completely. I love your art.

Giggles said...

Oh my your framed paintings make me SO HAPPY! I could stare at that wall all day! It the flavour of painting that I love with gorgeous colours...such fun with a touch of whimsy!! Nice job recouping the beautiful oopsie!!

Hugs Giggles

My name is Erika. said...

Your paintings look beautiful framed and up on the wall. I think it is so easy to think what we do isn't what it should be or isn't as good as someone else's work. And your bold background is really stunning.

My name is Erika. said...

Your paintings look beautiful framed and up on the wall. I think it is so easy to think what we do isn't what it should be or isn't as good as someone else's work. And your bold background is really stunning.

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Happy New Year Susan, your blue wall with you art on it looks fabulous, how clever to weave the painting... I've seen examples of this where the artist paints the same picture on two separate sheets, using slightly different or totally different colors, and then weaves the two together. It's an amazing look, and of course I can't remember who did it or how to find it now.