It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, January 2, 2015

2015-Word of the Year

For the past few years I have picked a word of the year.
It serves many purposes.  It is sort of a goal for me personally.
I like challenging myself.
In 2013 my word was "stretch".
In 2014 my word was "open".
And this year my word is "listen".
We learn so much by listening.  We learn nothing when we are in the process of telling.
I work in the selling field and I have always prided myself in learning as much as possible about my clents.  I find it interesting AND it helps me do my job better
That said, I think as we age we acquire the impression that people are interested in all we know or have experienced.  Wrong!
And so my choice serves as a reminder to me, and an inspiration for whenever the white page
stumps me (and then it reminds me again).

I have had a couple of days off to play in my journals


Using my Pan Pastels here


And doodling some flowers here.
Who knew what a fun background an old dictionary could be?
Better late than never,
Happy PPF
and
2015

9 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

good word for the year Susan and I do like your art popping off the dictionary pages. Happy New Year and happy PPF!

My name is Erika. said...

You are so right- people don't always listen. What a great word for the year. I love the sunset at the beach page and how you are working on print. Very nice effect.

Laney said...

Love your word! I haven't found mine yet. Your journal pages are nice - love the dictionary!

bmlilith60 said...

I am still working on my word for this year. Haven't really tried it in the past, but as you said, better late than never. I like your work. Have a blessed new year.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful journal pages. Have fun with your new word this year! Valerie

Renee Dowling said...

I really enjoyed all of your bright colours! I really like your lettering! Are you going in order from page to page, or are you going to randomly fill the dictionary up depending on the topic. For example, if you are reflecting on Christmas, are you going to find the page with Chritsmas on it and then journal on it?

Joy Murray said...

Listening is the most important part of conversing. Many, Many people don't know how to do it. I love the way you're illustrating your dictionary. I amazed that you used pastels -- they are so bright and inviting. Have a great new year!

Ritu Dua said...

Beautiful! Wish you a splendid 2015!

http://beneathmyheartart.blogspot.ae/2014/12/budding-wings.html

Ayala Art said...

Beautiful pages, all of them! Have a wonderful 2015!