It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Challenge #65 "Huggy Bear"

First of all, can you believe that this is the 65th Challenge???  It really is amazing to me.  And I didn't find it until somewhere around the 30th challenge.  Anyone in since the beginning?                                                                                       Once a month a pattern is selected randomly for us to incorporate in our entry.  This week it is 'Huggy Bear" by JJ LaBarbera.  As I fooled with this, I kept coming back to Sandra Strait's (Molossus) Steampunk patterns.  Don't as me how or why, I have no idea but that was on my mind.  So, knowing full well I can't really do justice Sandra's amazing patterns here is my "steampunk" version of Huggy Bear for the Challenge.

11 comments:

Dianne said...

I really like this, it's so unique!

Karen Lynn said...

Really neat tile. It reminds me of a train station with the clock, the gears, the tracks, and the smoke! Fun.

Sue Sharp said...

Karen did a good job at describing your fabulous tile.. It's wonderful!

Taman said...

Love this

Susan said...

Thank you! This was such a stretch for me.

ledenzer said...

Steampunk wheels keep turning... rather they are notched or more like pinwheels they express themselves well! Good choice for Huggy Bear!

Lisa Richards said...

Very original tile! Once again, a creative interpretation of Huggy Bear!

JJ LaBarbera said...

Great tile! I love how you've drawn Huggy Bear. Love the steam punk. I have to try those.

Tinkered Art said...

This is why I love the challenges - great piece - love the steampunk

Karen Woodbine said...

Unique entry to the challenge. Bet your mind was really working well after you completed this!

Janet said...

I really like your drawing. The gears add that steampunk look. You make me want to dig out my pens and draw!